Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tutorial Reflections

I was evaluating reflections on last weeks tutorials and I noticed students were not using details to my satisfaction.

Today, for tutorial, groups will be required to focus on three reflections and use the rubric on the Tutorial Request Form (TRF) to assess the three and tell why the reflection earned the points it did. Every so often I like to use tutorial time to build tutorial skills.

Reflection Examples

1. We worked on math today. I know how to do the math now. I helped three people in my group and everyone helped me.

2. We worked on reducing fractions, how the pyramids were built and which character in Forged By Fire was most scared. I tried to improve helping others by asking more questions instead of giving the answer. I wasn’t always helping others though. I got distracted a few times when my partner made jokes. When I asked my question about reducing fractions I understood the best after Jose showed me the answer and then the group created a new problem for me to show what I know.

3. We worked on reducing fractions, how the pyramids were built and which character in Forged By Fire was most scared. Jose helped me and so did my group. I asked more questions than I normally do. I helped others most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment